Day Twelve - Blog post by Michael Vigliano


Day 12 - by Michael Vigliano

            It was just another typical morning; we woke up with just a few minutes to get ready and shoving in that last chocolate breakfast bar. Anyway, today I was with the grade R (which is basically kindergarten) and first grade with Justin and Gabby. This morning was a lot different for me because I went from yesterday teaching 4 different classes with the older kids which was exhausting to playing around with a bunch little kids which was surprisingly relaxing. Teaching that many classes yesterday made me very appreciative of the teachers at my school because I quickly learned that it is a lot of hard work to do that multiple times a day, every day. I could never be a teacher. So anyway, shout out to Megan and Abbey doing a fantastic job painting the little storage house this morning. It was a very pretty blue. Today I got to talk to a few of the little kids about what their home lives look like and it was heartbreaking and moving to hear some of their stories. Most of them don’t have fathers that live at home and I can’t even imagine growing up without a father in my life. I think we are all starting to get sick of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Mrs. Steiner is telling us a lot of great stories about the second an third graders. Her class sounds like a lot of fun. She had to clear the classroom a few times today because one of the kids wouldn’t stop farting. The last class of the day was Phys. Ed which I have the pleasure of teaching with Abby Strong and Abbey Engle. That class was probably the highlight of my day due to the intense team dance off with the seventh graders. They’re all pretty decent dancers and it was super fun to participate and see how into it they all were. The lesson today on Lazarus, presented by the girls was phenomenal. After the puppet show (that’s how they were telling the story), it was really cool to see the kids really engaged during that lesson and it seemed like they were getting a lot out of it and really understanding what was going on. Better yet, they all wanted to see it again! We also did a craft at the end where we gave all the kids notebooks and they got to decorate them. They all asked for our autographs and they started writing prayers in them so that was awesome. Thank you to everyone reading this for all the prayers and support. God is really doing a lot through our team to witness to these kids. God bless!













Comments

Popular Posts